Lewisville Arts Support Grants Mandatory Application Meeting
The City of Lewisville will begin accepting applications for Arts Support Grants for fiscal year 2020-21 on Monday, March 9.
The MCL Grand will host a mandatory workshop for all potential grant applicant groups on Wednesday, March 11, 6 p.m., to learn about the changes to the application and its requirements, details about using the new online tool for applying, and reporting expectations. There will also be a special presentation given by SoloShoe Communications about marketing tips for small and mid-sized arts organizations. At least one member of any interested applicant organization must be in attendance in order to be qualified to apply for a grant.
All grant applications will be submitted through an online tool, accessible via the Art Related Grants page on MCLGrand.com. Grant applications are submitted to, and reviewed by, the Arts Advisory Board each spring. A recommendation is included in the annual proposed budget for Council consideration, and grant awards are made on an annual basis. For the 2019-2020 fiscal year eight grants were awarded for a total of $168,400.
An Arts organization meeting all criteria listed below is eligible to apply for funding from the City of Lewisville Hotel Occupancy Tax Fund:
• Non-Profit tax-exempt arts organizations;
• Proposing a program/event/exhibition to take place within the city limits of the City of Lewisville. Events may be held outside of the city limits of Lewisville with approval of the City council;
• Must have successfully fulfilled all prior contractual obligations to City of Lewisville;
• Must have local (Lewisville resident) representation on Board of Directors; and
• A representative of the organization must have attended the pre-application training session to be scheduled annually.
The application deadline is April 17, 2020, at noon. For more information on the Arts Support Grant Program for the City of Lewisville, please contact Arts Center Manager Denise Helbing at 972.219.8478 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.